LifestyleTech Competence Center Celebrates its First-Year Milestone
Ticino-based Lifestyle-Tech Competence Center (LTCC) has celebrated its first year since its successful launch last summer.
The first-anniversary milestone was celebrated on the occasion of the association’s General Assembly on June 15, 2021, at the new USI-SUPSI Campus in central Lugano. It gathered senior leaders from the association’s member companies, including Accenture, Bally, Barilla, Dagorà, Guess, Hyphen, Lavazza, Loomish, Microsoft, as well as the Universities SUPSI and USI.
In its first year of operations, LTCC has carried out around a dozen different strategic projects, involving in a collaborative manner multiple members of the association.
The first year of the association was very active and successful, especially taking in account that it was carried out in a difficult market setting impacted by the Pandemic. It is the impressive achievements of LTCC’s first year that best speak about its successful launch:
- LifestyleTech Competence Center has passed the initial stages for its acceptance into the Switzerland Innovation Park, Ticino;
- There are 8 medium-term projects launched within LTCC, all including active collaboration among multiple LTCC members;
- LTCC has organized a dozen workshops on different areas of innovation, involving key industry and tech players;
- LTCC actively pursued its mission to stimulate innovation and interaction among its member companies and Universities,
- LTCC continued supporting Canton Ticino to relaunch our local economy,
- The association hired 4 talented managers to run the operations and facilitate projects among members.
Carlo Terreni, the President of the LifestyleTech Competence Center, commented:
“I am very pleased that exactly one year after the launch of the Association, we have successfully delivered several projects driving innovation both in the Food and Fashion sectors. The work of the association is an excellent example of cross-industry cooperation, completely in line with our commitment to facilitate innovation through releasing synergies between the lifestyle-related industries and technology. My hope for the immediate future is that we will continue pursuing our goal, creating even deeper bonds among our associates and working together on putting Ticino on the European map when it comes to excellence and innovation in the lifestyle-related industries.”
See this video to learn what our other associates think about the first year of the LTCC.