HIRING: Innovation Manager
Company: The LifestyleTech Competence Center
Job Title: Open Innovation Manager
Location: Lugano (CH)
The LifestyleTech Competence Center (LTCC) is focused on stimulating R&D activities in lifestyle-related industries (fashion, travel, design, etc.), scouting and innovative labs set-up, promoting knowledge and competence sharing among private firms, Swiss universities, and research partners.
Among others, the founding partners of LTCC are well-established international corporations, including: Accenture, Bally, Barilla, Guess, Lavazza, and Microsoft.
LifestyleTech Competence Center is hiring an entrepreneurial and high-performing individual to lead its work in the area of innovation project management and startup scouting. The successful individual will be primarily focused on independently managing different innovative projects that LTCC is running with brands, as well as design, implementation, and execution of startup competitions and startup scouting projects.
This role is a unique opportunity to work closely with Fashion/Food/Travel/DesignTech entrepreneurs, as well as other stakeholders driving transformation and disruption in those industries. Working under the supervision of the LTCC’s General Manager, you will have significant responsibility and a high degree of autonomy.
- End-to-end project management of specific brand partnerships focused on innovation
- Liaison with institutional clients
- Support start-up competition design, and lead implementation and execution of startup competitions:
- the startup selection process, with end to end involvement, communicating with judges, startup, and finalists
- pre-screening and participate in voting phases of startup evaluation and selection
- Coordinate judge participation at finals/semi-finals
- Coordinate finalist startups before & during the events
- Design and implement marketing and social media strategy in order to boost quality applications
- Maintain and administer competition websites & platforms
- Maintaining and optimising our startup database
- Being up-to-date with the LifestyleTech emerging players, reading all the relevant news sources
Start Date: December 2021
- Excellent English. German or Italian are a plus
- Degree in Economics, Organisation or Marketing
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in management consulting, start-up acceleration, entrepreneurship, venture capital and / or social impact organizations
- Graphic design skills are a plus
- Self-starter: You take charge and deliver on your own; pro-active and independent; you must be able to work on projects autonomously, and you are also a team player.
- Highly organised: able to manage time, ensuring that deadlines are met and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Digital citizen: Passionate about smart technologies, platforms, up to date and at ease with the latest online productivity tools.
- Entrepreneurial: very strong business-sense and entrepreneurial mindset
- Innovator: passionate about the startup ecosystem and innovation
In order to be considered for this position, email your CV and cover letter with the title “INNOVATION MANAGER APPLICATION” to email@example.com.