HIRING: Digital Fashion Designer
Company: The LifestyleTech Competence Center
Job Title: Digital Fashion Designer
Location: Lugano (CH)
The LifestyleTech Competence Center (LTCC) is focused on stimulating R&D activities in lifestyle-related industries (fashion, travel, design, etc.), scouting and innovative labs set-up, promoting knowledge and competence sharing among private firms, Swiss universities, and research partners.
Among others, the founding partners of LTCC are well-established international corporations, including Accenture, Bally, Barilla, Guess, Lavazza, and Microsoft.
Purpose of the job
The LifetsyleTech Competence Center is seeking a Digital Fashion Designer to join our multicultural and multidisciplinary Fashion Tech Research team. The Innovation Center has been founded in July 2020 by Guess, Bally, Microsoft, Accenture, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Scuola Univeristaria della Svizzera Italiana, Dagorà Innovation Hub & Loomish.
The Digital Fashion Designer will work on the brand’s member needs on specific 3D transformation projects.
Helping with the following daily activities:
- Support our affiliates in defining the best practice to apply Digital Fashion in the 3D transformation
- Support our affiliates in the training on the job phase of the 3D transition
- Support in defining and refining an appropriate and efficient 3D workflow
- Support our affiliates creating high-quality Digital Product Creation
- Understand design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns and 3D garments
- Help building 3d accessories, Digital Materials, 3D assets for Backgrounds, Digital Photography rooms, and animations
- Challenge, empower, train, and connect people making them part of the digital journey
- Active and creative problem solver for users
- Initiate workshops and feedback sessions across users
- Share best practices and learnings: develop new tools, methods, and standards within affiliates 3D strategy
- 3 – 4 years of relevant working experience as a 3D Designer in the fashion industry.
- Multi-product category will be an advantage with a focus on Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, and Bags
- Good knowledge of pattern making in the Fashion Industry
- Proficient in English and Italian, any other language will be considered a plus
- Awareness of global fashion and market trends and knowledge on technical textiles
- Deadline oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in leading and supporting 3D design transition
- Excellent organization skills and time management
- Ability to share his/her knowledge, to create trust in users and a work environment that encourages motivation and creativity
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions through to resolution
- Organized and able to run multiple projects
- Open-minded, bright, and enthusiastic personality
- Expert user of Clo3D* ¾ years of experience.
- Modeling software such as Blender, Cinema 4D, Rhinoceros 3D
- Rendering software: Clo3d/Vray, Blender, Cinema4D, others
- Texturing software: Adobe Substance 3D, Adobe Creative
Application deadline: end of October
Contract ideally to start as soon as possible
Please send your CV, portfolio, and cover letter to: email@example.com